Silverado Welcomes First Resident to New Memory Care Community in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Silverado invites all community members to the official grand opening on Tuesday, October 29; community tours, live music, hors d'oeuvres and refreshments
BROOKFIELD, WI – Oct. 9, 2013 – Silverado today began welcoming residents to its new memory care community in Brookfield, Wisconsin. Bob Kutcher is the first resident to move into the state-of-the-art community for those with memory impairment. Kutcher grew up in the Milwaukee area where he and his wife raised their six children. The proud grandfather worked as an engineer and has always enjoyed camping, cheering on the Green Bay Packers and spending time with his family.
Silverado’s warm environment attracted Kutcher’s family to the community. “We’ve felt very welcomed since our first visit. Already the staff has made the community feel like dad’s home,” shares Kutcher’s son Dave. “We are also very comfortable and happy with the philosophy to engage residents. It’s comforting to us.”
Silverado communities offer world-class care and unmatched service through a distinctive model that combines the social benefits of a community lifestyle with the support of around-the-clock clinical care. Each community features unique elements that are specially designed to benefit memory-impaired residents.
- The specially trained staff is compassionate and inspired to serve all residents the way any individual would want to be treated – with respect and dignity.
- Residents experience a sense of freedom and are given meaning to their life again with access to expansive and secure outside spaces throughout the community, engaging music programs, cooking clubs, gardening and more – all designed for loved ones to achieve and feel success again.
- Outside spaces include gardens, a gazebo, a putting green and walking paths – a perfect place to walk the community dogs.
- Numerous innovations help loved ones regain confidence and control of their life such as unique memory boxes; each resident is given a memory box that family members fill with photos and keepsakes to showcase the identity of each resident and to help them independently find their room.
- A variety of common areas – from cozy family space to larger activity rooms – include a game room, clubroom, private dining room, sensory room, general store, hair salon, spa and several bistros.
“We are thrilled to welcome our first resident to an innovative community that allows our team of professionals to provide purpose and meaning in life through exceptional care,” says Silverado President, Chairman and CEO Loren Shook. “When families first walk in the door, the joy they express is a testament to Silverado’s high-quality standards that are a result of the most passionate staff – a staff dedicated to enriching the lives of people with all types of memory care needs. Families say thank you for giving me my life back, you are my lighthouse in the storm, and I can sleep again knowing my mother is safe with Silverado.”
The 45,525 square foot community provides specialized care for up to 95 residents and opens under the leadership of Pam Preston Bradley, who oversees a staff of 95 associates. Bradley, a Brookfield native and proven leader, joined Silverado 13 years ago and has been a part of the start-up of several Silverado communities.
Silverado Brookfield is located at 1105 Davidson Road, Brookfield, WI 53045. To learn more, visit silveradocare.com/brookfield.
Bob Kutcher, shown here with his daughter Janice Siebert, is the first resident to move into the new, state-of-the-art Silverado memory care community in Brookfield, Wisconsin.
Silverado was founded in 1996 with the goal of enriching lives of those with memory loss by changing how the world cares for and perceives the cultural stigma of cognitive decline. Establishing this mindset as the foundation allows Silverado – and its associates – to leave behind previous misconceptions and operate in a way that provides clients, residents and patients with utmost dignity, freedom, respect and quality of life. Silverado has grown to become a nationally recognized provider of home care, memory care assisted living and hospice services. With locations in six states – including Arizona, California, Illinois, Texas, Utah and Wisconsin – the company delivers exceptional care and unmatched service to address the spectrum of changing needs, for individuals and families alike. To learn more about Silverado, please visit silveradocare.com or call (866) 522-8125.