Scottsdale Memory Care Community
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Nestled in the middle of a residential neighborhood close to the foothills of the picturesque McDowell Mountains, Silverado Scottsdale is an oasis for those dealing with Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Lewy body and other types of dementia. From the delightful smell of baking cookies to the spirited sounds of residents mingling, it's very clear that Silverado is more than assisted living. The lively community atmosphere is designed to provide a sense of familiarity and normalcy while constant activities help promote engagement and continued enjoyment of lifelong interests.
The Silverado team’s focus is on providing individualized memory care that emphasizes mind and spirit as much as it does body. From residents in the initial stages of memory impairment to those needing an enhanced level of dementia care, health, comfort and dignity are the guiding principles of Silverado. We are dedicated to providing the best possible quality of life, whether that entails assistance with personal care or just a simple smile.
Activities, Amenities and Features
- Age-appropriate activity programs (we call them engagements) such as clubs, games, art and puzzles contribute to self-esteem, maintain dignity, and offer opportunities for growth and creativity. Club programs are designed with residents’ abilities, interests and histories in mind. The goal of all programs is to have fun, prevent boredom, boost confidence, develop friendships and provide opportunities for new experiences. Popular activities include Red Hat Society, monthly Rotary Club meetings, Sewing/Knitting Club, Men’s Billiard’s Club and more.
- Three choices of secure, enclosed outdoor courtyards and numerous walking trails open to residents encourage mobility, maintain strength and balance and help to foster a sense of independence and freedom while maintaining safety. Grounds feel very open – lots of natural light and a central courtyard with stone walls, a garden and a fantastic water feature.
- Community is made up of “neighborhoods" catering to residents’ needs, abilities and interests. Care and programs are tailored to meet the specific functional level of each individual resident. Programs within each neighborhood challenge each person appropriately without being too simple or frustrating.
- Friendly live-in pets provide love and companionship as well as giving residents the opportunity to maintain dignity and self-esteem. Residents who have their own pets may be able to move into the community with their beloved companion, provided the pet fits in with others in the environment. This “sense of purpose” pet care brings is a hallmark goal of Silverado programs and services.
- Fun outings and senior living activities:
- Phoenix Botanical Gardens
- Weekly Pie Club trips to different cafes throughout the area
- Ladies’ High Tea trips to a quaint tea house
- Outings to fountain hills with stops for milkshakes on the way back
- Fall trips to the pumpkin patch
- Holiday trips to see the lights, sing songs and drink hot chocolate
- ASU drum circle events
- Butterfly Wonderland
- Plays and musicals
Achievements, Associations and Highlights
- 2011 AZ Assisted Living Federation of America (ALFA) Caregiver of the Year, Netsanet Metaferria
- 2011 Silverado Community of the Year
- 2012 AZ ALFA Manager of the Year, Amber McCord
- 2012 Nat’l ALFA Champion Caregiver of the Year, Jason Lucero
- 2013 AZ ALFA Activities Director of the Year, Helga Manzone
- Desert chapter of Alzheimer's association Phoenix Memory Walk – 2010 best team spirit award
As you research memory care options we welcome you to compare their features. Download our service comparison document.
Get to Know Us
Evening Escapades is a time for family members to relax and get to know each other away from the bustle of life at Silverado...