Sierra Vista Memory Care Community
Azusa, CA 91702
Nestled right in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains close to historic Highway 39, Silverado Sierra Vista is a truly wonderful environment for residents with memory conditions. With spectacular mountain views outside and a warm atmosphere inside, there is always something happening that adds to the community’s lively environment. The community is designed to give residents a sense of familiarity and normalcy while constant engagement activities help them remain social and continue to enjoying the things that are important to them. From the delightful smell of baking cookies to the joyous sounds of playing children, it's instantly clear that Silverado is more than just assisted living.
The Silverado team’s focus is on providing individualized care that emphasizes mind and spirit as much as it does body. From residents in the initial stages of memory impairment to those needing an enhanced level of memory care, health, comfort and dignity are our guiding principles. We are dedicated to providing the best possible quality of life, whether that entails assistance with personal care or just a simple smile.
Activities, Amenities and Features
- Nexus, an innovative evidence-based program for early stage residents combining science and social engagement.
- Located two miles north of the 210 freeway, about a mile from Downtown Azusa. 25 miles east of Downtown Los Angeles and close to Glendora, Monrovia, West Covina, Pasadena and more.
- 3 acres of secure grounds featuring lots of outdoor space for activities. Our wonderful outdoor area keeps residents safe and fosters a sense of independence and freedom while encouraging them to remain mobile and maintain strength and balance.
- Staff specially trained in the challenges of Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Lewy body and other types of dementia.
- Age-appropriate activity programs (we call them engagements) build self-esteem, maintain dignity and offer opportunities for growth and creativity. Club programs are designed with residents’ abilities, interests and histories in mind. The goal of all programs is to have fun, prevent boredom, boost confidence, develop friendships and provide opportunities for new experiences.
- Heated swimming pool with a Jacuzzi - residents often relax near the pool in lounge chairs or a cabana. One-to-one associate support ensures that residents are safely supported and supervised.
- Golf outings to the nearby Azusa Greens course provide the stimulation of beautiful surroundings and the engagement benefits of associating with a lifelong hobby.
- Outings to Bonelli Park and many of the small shops throughout Azusa. These and other outings help residents remain active in the outside community and help keep them from feeling isolated, which is a common problem with memory impairment.
- Picturesque view of the mountains and canyon make it a perfect place for a picnic.
- Community is made up of “neighborhoods” catering to residents’ senior living needs, abilities and interests. Dementia care and programs are tailored to meet the specific functional level of each individual resident. Programs within each neighborhood challenge each person appropriately without being too simple or frustrating.
- “Terrace Park” is a freestanding two-story building on a hill slope specifically for early-stage residents.
- Residents who have their own pets may be able to move into the community with their beloved companion, provided the pet fits in with others in the environment. Community animals provide love and companionship as well as giving residents the opportunity to maintain dignity and self-esteem by helping provide care to animals if they wish. This “sense of purpose” pet care brings is a hallmark goal of Silverado programs and services.
- Skilled relocation teams to help residents moving in from a distance.
Achievements, Awards and Highlights
- Senior Administrator has been with Silverado for almost 14 years, with three other leadership team members at over 10 years with the organization
- Assistant Director of Health Services recognized as National Nurse of the Year; awarded in Atlanta, GA
- Caregiver received 2013 ALFA Hero of the Year Award and 2012 California Caregiver of the Year Award
- Highest PASS Received in 2013 with a score of 4.7/5
- Consistently on top Five of Annual Customer Satisfaction Surveys
As you research memory care options we welcome you to compare their features. Download our service comparison document.
Get to Know Us
Every Friday durning the month of March is Dance Night!