Belmont Hills Memory Care Community
Belmont, CA 94002
With its lush, green landscape and a forested hill serving as a backdrop, it’s easy to see that Silverado Belmont Hills is more than just assisted living. A truly unique and special memory care community, Belmont Hills features a familiar neighborhood arrangement and an array of community-based activities. The community’s warm, lively environment is designed to help residents remain a sense of independence and dignity while they continue enjoying the things that have always been important to them.
Silverado’s philosophy is to provide compassionate, individualized care that is focused on mind and spirit just as much as it is on body. Whether a resident is in the early stages of memory impairment or needs a higher level of dementia care, our staff understands the changing symptoms of memory loss and the impact these can have.
Activities, Amenities and Programs
- Conveniently located to serve the Bay Area - between San Francisco and San Jose, close to both the 101 and 280.
- Staff specially trained in the challenges of Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Lewy body and other types of dementia.
- Grounds cover 17 verdant acres with a secure 6.5 acre perimeter - some have said our grounds look like a nature preserve! Extensive walking paths encourage residents to be mobile and maintain strength and balance. Along with these, water features, a built in BBQ, raised gardening areas and a playground for visiting children help to foster a sense of independence and freedom while maintaining safety.
- Age appropriate activity programs (we call them engagements) build self-esteem, maintain dignity and offer opportunities for growth and creativity. Club programs are designed with residents’ abilities, interests and histories in mind. The goal of all programs is to have fun, prevent boredom, boost confidence, encourage socializing and provide opportunities for new experiences.
- Friendly live-in dogs, cats and other small animals help provide companionship and a sense of normalcy. Residents who have their own pets may be able to move into the community with their beloved companion, provided the pet fits in with others in the environment. Community animals provide love and companionship as well as giving residents the opportunity to maintain dignity and self-esteem by helping provide care to animals. This “sense of purpose” pet care brings is a hallmark goal of Silverado programs and services.
- Innovative golf program (featured segment on Golf in America and in the Wall Street Journal) spotlights the type of unique, interest-based programs that help residents remain active and engaged through continued involvement in lifelong interests and hobbies.
- Proximity to Stanford University allows participation in clinical trials and research studies. The community hosts regular speeches from some of Stanford's trusted professors and doctors, who provide the latest in information and understanding to Silverado associates, the wider medical community and families.
- Skilled relocation teams to help residents moving in from distances.
Achievements, Awards and Team Highlights
- ALFA (Assisted Living Federation of America) Champion for Seniors 2013 – Jovic Infante
- Excellence in Associate Retention 2013
- Excellence in Low Turnover 2013
- Excellence in Customer Service 2013
- CALA (California Assisted Living Association) Innovation in Quality Award 2012
- Excellence in Associate Retention 2012
- Excellence in Associate Satisfaction 2012
- Administrator of the Year 2011 - Daizel Gasperian
- Management Excellence Award 2010 – Daizel Gasperian
- Silverado Community of the Year 2009
As you research memory care options we welcome you to compare their features. Download our service comparison document.