Calabasas Memory Care Community
Calabasas, CA 91302
A single-story community tucked away in the Santa Monica Mountains, Silverado Calabasas provides a wonderful blend of comfort and clinical expertise for those with Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Lewy body and other types of dementia. The community’s bright, lively atmosphere is designed to allow residents to remain social while they continue to enjoying the things that were important to them before their diagnosis. From the smell of fresh-baked cookies in the bistro to the sounds of visiting children frolicking in the pool, Silverado Calabasas is a cozy and welcoming place that provides residents with far more than just assisted living.
Silverado’s highly-trained, extensively-screened team members provide individualized memory care that is focused as much on mind and spirit as it is on body. From residents in the early stages of memory impairment to those needing a higher level of dementia care, providing the best health, comfort and dignity possible is the guiding principle by which we operate. We see family involvement as a key factor in quality of life, so we don’t have visiting hours and meals for visiting family are free.
Activities, Amenities and Features
- Nexus, an innovative evidence-based program for early stage residents combining science and social engagement.
- Community resides on a large lot surrounded by hills and trees - very connected to nature. Secure, enclosed walking paths, a large courtyard, putting green and garden areas encourage residents to be mobile and maintain strength and balance. This helps foster a sense of independence and freedom while maintaining safety.
- "Engagement" programs, age-appropriate activities designed for residents' particular functional level, build self-esteem, maintain dignity and offer opportunities for growth and creativity. Club programs are designed with residents’ abilities, interests and histories in mind. The goal of all programs is to have fun, prevent boredom, boost confidence, develop friendships and provide opportunities for new experiences.
- Many fun outings - Malibu beach picnics, Balboa Park, Saturday farmers market, shopping at The Commons, The Getty and more.
- Clubs and activities like gardening, wine and cheese, sports, etc. help prevent feelings of isolation that often come along with memory impairment.
- Special visits to a little fishing spot — it's even wheelchair accessible!
- Sports-themed hangout inside the community with a ping pong table, poker and TVs always showing sports. An important part of Silverado's life-enriching senior living care is respecting residents' hobbies and letting them know that their condition does not mean they can't still enjoy many of the things they used to.
- Courtyard has plenty of tables & chairs, often used for engagement activities like jewelry club and pet therapy
- Playground encourages family members to bring children for visits while providing residents a wonderful focal point to enjoy the youthful energy they bring.
- Heated swimming pool with regularly-scheduled aquatic programs (when weather permits). One-to-one associate support ensures that residents are safely supported and supervised.
- Community pets – dogs, rabbits and an aviary - help provide companionship and a sense of normalcy. Residents may be able to bring their beloved companion when they move in provided the pet fits in with others in the environment. Community animals provide love and companionship as well as giving residents the opportunity to maintain dignity and self-esteem. This “sense of purpose” pet care brings is a hallmark goal of Silverado programs and services.
- Momentum tracking system uses bracelet or anklet sensors on residents to show where they are at all times - nurses use information gathered when developing care plans.
- Conveniently located near Woodland Hills, Agoura Hills, Westlake Village, Canoga Park and Chatsworth.
- Skilled relocation teams to help residents moving in from a distance.
Highlights and Associations
- Member of the Calabasas Chamber of Commerce
- Sponsors and Chairs on the Alzheimer’s Association
- Community hosts quarterly continuing education classes for professionals such as nurses and social workers, sharing our insight with the wider community
- Affiliations with UCLA and USC – nursing school
Get to Know Us