Newport Mesa Memory Care Community
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
Located in a quiet residential area on the border of Newport Beach and Costa Mesa, Silverado Newport Mesa is a truly special and empowering place for residents with memory conditions. Whether laughing and socializing with other residents in one of the wide-open outdoor areas or helping associates choose paint colors at the home improvement store, residents are given a sense of familiarity and normalcy intended to help them remain social and continue enjoying the things that are important to them.
The Silverado’s team’s focus is on providing individualized care that emphasizes mind and spirit as much as it does body. From residents in the early stages of memory impairment to those requiring an enhanced level of care, Silverado’s care is guided by the principle that everyone deserves dignity, comfort and compassion. This philosophy is the reason Silverado communities are filled with light, music, baking smells and other comforts that contribute to a life-affirming atmosphere.
Activities, Amenities and Programs
- More than 16 years in operation – Silverado’s 2nd oldest community
- Comfortable environment indoors and out
- Constant activities to promote engagement and social interaction
- Friendly residential area, often a good place to go for a walk
- Community pets help with companionship and a sense of normalcy – residents are encouraged to bring their own pets when they move in!
- Secure walking areas with trees, seating and gazebos to promote physical activity
- Residents are actively involved with their home, from going along on errands to helping choose activities
- Fun outings to areas of interest such as the resident-favorite Norm’s Restaurant
Awards, Associations and Highlights
- 20% of the community’s associates have been with Silverado for over ten years
- Monday cognitive exercise classes to help residents and members of the wider community strengthen memory, spatial skills and turn back the tide on some dementia symptoms (classes formerly given at Hoag Hospital by a PhD who specializes in memory impairment)
- On-site training room is often used for caregiver training in partnership with the Alzheimer's Association
- Medical Director Dr. Jason Abney won the Senior Care Hero Award for Outstanding Physician