Encinitas Memory Care Community
Encinitas, CA 92024
With its warm, lively interiors and lush, well-manicured grounds, Silverado Encinitas offers a memory care atmosphere that is second to none. Whether engaged in stimulating activities indoors or enjoying the ocean breeze in one of the community’s gazebos, residents experience a lively atmosphere that allows them to remain social and keep enjoying the things that were important to them before their diagnosis. From the delightful smell of fresh-baked cookies to the wagging tail of Roscoe, the community dog, it’s instantly clear that Silverado’s approach to memory care is more than just assisted living.
Silverado’s team is trained to provide individualized dementia care that is focused just as much on mind and spirit as it is on body. From those in the initial stages of memory impairment to those needing an increased level of care, ensuring residents’ health, comfort and dignity is the foundation upon which Silverado was built. We are dedicated to taking every possible step to provide the best quality of life for our residents, whether that entails assistance with personal care or just a simple smile.
Activities, Amenities and Features
- Nexus, an innovative evidence-based program for early stage residents combining science and social engagement.
- Located just 3 miles from the beach for fabulous sea breezes and convenient outings.
- Spacious 3-acre lot is adjacent to the botanical gardens and includes multiple choices of secure, enclosed courtyards and walking trails. Our wonderful outdoor area keeps residents safe and fosters a sense of independent senior living and freedom while encouraging them to remain mobile and maintain strength and balance. Visitors and residents alike can enjoy lots of trees and grass, a playground for kids, a small pond, many benches and three gazebos.
- Staff specially trained in the challenges of Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Lewy body and other types of dementia.
- Age-appropriate activity programs (we call them engagements) build self-esteem, maintain dignity and offer opportunities for growth and creativity. Club programs are designed with residents’ abilities, interests and histories in mind. The goal of all programs is to have fun, prevent boredom, boost confidence, develop friendships and provide opportunities for new experiences. Clubs and activities include a gardening club, Friday barbecues during summer and much more.
- Engaging outings keep residents active and integrated with the wider community, like scenic drives, beach trips and regular Del Mar activities like the fair, horse races and holiday lights.
- The community's spacious, homey interior is designed to keep residents active while avoiding an overly-clinical feel that can cause stress and uneasiness among those affected by memory impairment.
- A heated swimming pool where residents can enjoy water activities while socializing with friends. One-to-one associate support ensures that residents are safely supported and supervised.
- Visitors have many options to make their time here special, like feeding the community’s miniature horses (Hocus Pocus and Little Rascal), practicing their game on our putting green or taking a dip in the pool.
- Friendly live-in pets, including a chinchilla, two guinea pigs, two dogs, several cats, birds, fish, two turtles and visiting pets of family and associates!
- Residents who have their own pets may be able to move into the community with their beloved companion, provided the pet fits in with others in the environment. Community animals provide love and companionship as well as giving residents the opportunity to maintain dignity and self-esteem by helping provide care to animals if they wish. This “sense of purpose” pet care brings is a hallmark goal of Silverado programs and services.
- The community houses the Glenner Memory Care Center - an adult day care program that provides guests the security and engaging surroundings our full time residents enjoy.
- Skilled relocation teams to help residents moving in from distances.
Highlights and Associations
- Largest specialized memory care community in San Diego
- Multiple awards and accolades (Spirit Award, Administrator of the year and many more)
- High retention rates (leadership team has over 80 years combined experience)
As you research memory care options we welcome you to compare their features. Download our service comparison document.
Get to Know Us
Join us for an opportunity to share your experiences in providing care for someone with memory impairment...