Escondido Memory Care Community
Escondido, CA 92026
Located on a hilltop overlooking the surrounding valley, Silverado Escondido provides care for those with memory impairment in an environment that is compassionate, warm and stimulating. The community’s bright, lively atmosphere serves as a setting for residents socializing and engaging in a huge variety of stimulating activities, particularly interests that were important to them before their diagnosis. From the delightful smell of fresh-baked cookies to the wagging tails of our community pets, it’s instantly clear that Silverado’s approach to memory care is to provide more than just assisted living.
Silverado’s team is trained to provide individualized care that is focused just as much on mind and spirit as it is on body. From those in the initial stages of memory impairment to those needing an advanced level of dementia care, ensuring residents’ health, comfort and dignity is the foundation upon which Silverado was built.
Activities, Amenities and Programs
- Nexus, an innovative evidence-based program for early stage residents combining science and social engagement.
- Expansive outdoor area with secure walking paths, garden, outdoor seating and gazebo keep residents safe and foster a sense of independence and freedom. These features also encourage residents to remain mobile and maintain strength and balance.
- Staff specially trained in the challenges of Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Lewy body and other types of dementia.
- The community's hilltop location sits amid a stand of eucalyptus trees, which means refreshing ocean breezes and great views while still keeping lots of shade and privacy.
- Right off two major highways - direct access to the 15 and 78
- Friendly live-in pets like Toby the Golden Retriever provide residents with companionship and a sense of purpose. Residents who have their own pets may be able to move into the community with their beloved companion, provided it fits in with other resident animals. Community animals provide love and companionship as well as giving residents the opportunity to maintain dignity and self esteem by helping provide care (if they wish).
- Regular outings to local attractions like a farm, ice rink (to watch figure skaters), the beach, museums and more help keep residents engaged and active in the wider community while providing stimulation and new experiences.
- The community’s dining room features a coffee shop area that provides a mellow locale for residents to meet, socialize and enjoy time with friends. Part of the Silverado philosophy of care is to provide familiar experiences that allow residents a sense of normalcy in a senior living atmosphere.
- Our chateau-like building has many features: grand piano, library, two lounges, two living rooms – lots of small alcove seating areas.
- Beauty parlor on-site to help residents look and feel their best. Self-esteem is an invaluable tool in helping those with memory loss remain engaged and confident.
- The first Silverado location in a family that now covers over thirty communities in eight states.
- Visitors are not only welcome, but encouraged – daily meals or birthday parties, we jump at the chance to host residents’ loved ones.
- Skilled relocation teams to help residents moving in from a distance.
Get to Know Us
Do you have a creative artistic side to you? Come help us make our community signs every Tuesday at 10:30am.