Orange County Hospice
Irvine, CA 92618
(888) 328-5660 and (949) 240-7744
The professionals who make up the team at Silverado Orange County Hospice are unique in their specialties, but united in their drive to provide compassionate care to both patients and their families. With this shared motivation, our long-tenured, multicultural family of associates has proudly served a diverse group of individuals, delivering end-of-life care with an emphasis on dignity and comfort.
Our hospice care philosophy is that providing personalized medical, social and spiritual care at the end of life’s journey is something everyone deserves. This helps patients experience life to the fullest while allowing their families a chance to create cherished memories.
- Nursing staff is ELNEC (End-of-Life Nursing Education Consortium) trained to provide the specialized care called for in treating the unique needs of those requiring hospice.
- Care is provided in the location of the patient or family's choosing (if the location is suitable for any special medical needs): in-home, at a hospital or facilities such as assisted living communities. Surroundings play a vital role in comfort, and comfort is the main focus of Silverado Hospice's philosophy.
- The Silverado Hospice team includes specialists to cover both physical and spiritual comfort of clients - highly-trained, specialized staff provides palliative care, focusing on relieving and preventing suffering, while spiritual counselors and other staff to help ease emotional difficulties for both patient and family.
- Hospice team includes Attending Physician, Hospice Medical Directors, Social Worker, Spiritual Counselor and other skilled personnel to help at all stages of hospice.
- Thorough caregiver screenings, including a background check, drug test and an integrity test, ensure that families can focus on their loved ones without distractions or worries about the quality of caregivers.
- Recognized by Orange County Register as a top workplace, determined based on an employee survey.
- Unique Petals for Patient program where community partners donate flowers, supplies and provide volunteers to make floral arrangements which are then delivered to hospice patients.
- Medical Director Dr. Jason Abney won the Senior Care Hero Award for Outstanding Physician
- Accredited by the Joint Commission Accreditation of Health Organizations (JCAHO), the nation's leading health care standards-setting and accrediting organization
If you would like to share your time and talents to help those at the end of their journey, please visit our volunteer page.
Patient services are provided without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability (mental or physical), communicable disease, or place of national origin.