San Juan Capistrano Memory Care Community
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
Silverado San Juan Capistrano was built from the ground up to accommodate the social life and care of those living with dementia. From the nooks and crannies where social engagement “stations” are set up to allow quiet time sorting through puzzle pieces or art supplies, to opportunities for our residents to participate with their friends in larger group activities, you will find most residents engaged and busy throughout the day. Located just two minutes up the road from the historic mission, Silverado San Juan Capistrano is a truly special and empowering place for residents with memory conditions.
The Silverado team is focus on providing individualized care that emphasizes mind and spirit as much as it does body. Whether caring for residents in the initial stages of memory impairment or those requiring advanced care, Silverado’s actions are guided by the principle that everyone deserves dignity, comfort and compassion. This philosophy is the reason Silverado communities are filled with light, music, baking smells, smiling faces and other comforts that contribute to a life-affirming atmosphere.
Activities, Amenities and Programs
- Many friendly pet companions - Lucy, our Golden Retriever, is everyone’s best friend and is always looking for one more person to love. Bella, our Ragdoll Cat, likes to station herself by the sign-in sheet so that you can see how pretty she is!
- Spacious, beautiful courtyard - Residents gather to watch or participate in a ping pong match, a gardening project or enjoy children laughing as they slide across the Slip and Slide
- General Store - A popular place for our residents to go when they would like to do a little shopping. It has also proven to be a great source of re-direction for residents needing a boost in mood
- Art stations where residents can try their hand at drawing and painting, or maybe just chat about art with their friends
- Engagement programs like baking, crafts and group games help residents remain social and continue to enjoy the hobbies, interests and pursuits that have always been important to them
- Director of Culinary Services received the ALFA Hero of the Year for 2012 from Former First Lady Laura Bush
- Sr. Administrator, Carole Shaw has received the Senior Care Humanitarian Award as Outstanding Administrator – Dementia Care