San Juan Capistrano Memory Care Community
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
Silverado San Juan Capistrano was built from the ground up to accommodate the social life and care of those living with dementia. From the nooks and crannies where social engagement “stations” are set up to allow quiet time sorting through puzzle pieces or art supplies, to opportunities for our residents to participate with their friends in larger group activities, you will find most residents engaged and busy throughout the day. Located just two minutes up the road from the historic mission, Silverado San Juan Capistrano is a truly special and empowering place that is more than just assisted living.
The Silverado team is focused on providing individualized memory care that emphasizes mind and spirit as much as it does body. Whether caring for residents in the initial stages of memory impairment or those requiring advanced care, Silverado’s actions are guided by the principle that everyone deserves dignity, comfort and compassion. This philosophy is the reason Silverado communities are filled with light, music, baking smells, smiling faces and other comforts that contribute to a life-affirming atmosphere.
Activities, Amenities and Programs
- Nexus, an innovative evidence-based program for early stage residents combining science and social engagement.
- Staff specially trained in the challenges of Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Lewy body and other types of dementia.
- Many friendly pet companions - Max and Harley, our Golden Retrievers, are everyone’s best friend and are always looking for one more person to love. Bella, our Ragdoll Cat, likes to station herself by the sign-in sheet so that you can see how pretty she is!
- Residents who have their own pets may be able to move into the community with their beloved companion, provided the pet fits in with others in the environment. Community animals provide love and companionship as well as giving residents the opportunity to maintain dignity and self-esteem by helping provide care to animals if they wish. This “sense of purpose” pet care brings is a hallmark goal of Silverado programs and services.
- Spacious, beautiful courtyard - residents gather to participate in ping pong matches and gardening projects or to enjoy children laughing as they slide across the Slip and Slide. Our wonderful outdoor area keeps residents safe and fosters a sense of independence and freedom while encouraging them to remain mobile and maintain strength and balance.
- General Store - A popular place for our residents to go when they would like to do a little shopping. It has also proven to be a great source of re-direction for residents needing a boost in mood. Even the simple act of browsing or selecting a gift can do wonders for helping residents feel vital and fulfilled.
- Age-appropriate activity programs (we call them engagements) build self-esteem, maintain dignity and offer opportunities for growth and creativity. Club programs are designed with residents’ abilities, interests and histories in mind. The goal of all programs is to have fun, prevent boredom, boost confidence, develop friendships and provide opportunities for new senior living experiences.
- Art stations where residents can try their hand at drawing and painting, or maybe just chat about art with their friends
- Programs like baking, crafts and group games help residents remain social and continue to enjoy the hobbies, interests and pursuits that have always been important to them
- Skilled relocation teams to help residents moving in from a distance.
- Director of Culinary Services received the Assisted Living Federation of America (ALFA) Hero of the Year for 2012 from Former First Lady Laura Bush.
As you research memory care options we welcome you to compare their features. Download our service comparison document.
Get to Know Us
Wednesday, May 27, 2015 from 10:00am – 11:30am