Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
(888) 252-3143 and (805) 230-2626
At Silverado Hospice of Ventura our dedication to providing comfort and dignity to those at the end of life’s journey means we develop strong bonds with those we help, often becoming an extension of the family. Our individualized approach to hospice care shows in how we honor the personalities and wishes of our patients. By providing personalized care for mind, body and spirit we give our patients the chance to experience life to the fullest and their families an opportunity to create cherished memories.
Our belief that how a person leaves the earth is as important as how they lived their life upon it is embodied in our staff, which is made up of experts who understand that the best hospice care involves a perfect mix of clinical care and compassion.
- Nursing staff is ELNEC (End-of-Life Nursing Education Consortium) trained to provide the specialized care called for in treating the unique needs of those requiring hospice.
- Care can be given in-home, at a hospital or at facilities such as assisted living communities. The comfort of patients and families is the highest priority for us, and comfort is just as much about the quality of care as it is the surroundings in which that care is provided.
- The Silverado Hospice team includes specialists to cover both physical and spiritual comfort of clients - highly-trained, specialized staff provides palliative care, focusing on relieving and preventing suffering, while spiritual counselors and other staff to help ease emotional difficulties for both patient and family.
- Staff specially trained in the challenges of Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Lewy body and other types of dementia.
- Hospice team includes Attending Physician, Hospice Medical Directors, Social Worker, Spiritual Counselor and other skilled personnel to help ensure physical and emotional needs are met at all stages of hospice.
- Thorough caregiver screenings, including a background check, drug test and an integrity test, ensure that families can focus on their loved ones without distractions or worries about the quality of caregivers.
- Community-based services, including “We Honor Veterans” program and involvement with local churches, allow us to enrich the lives of those beyond patients for whom we provide hospice care.
- Memory Catchers program provides the patient an opportunity to share in a lifetime of memories and experiences for their family.
- Essential Oils program, a safe, natural way to calm, soothe and increase circulation while helping to reduce the usage of certain medications.
- Palliative Transitions program designed to provide resources and support to individuals and families dealing with a life-limiting illness but who may still be seeking aggressive treatment.
- Our staff is multilingual to assist patients from the array of different cultures that make up Ventura County.
- 5 and 7-day guarantees ensure smooth transition and strong communication between Silverado and families.
- Accredited by the Joint Commission Accreditation of Health Organizations (JCAHO), the nation's leading health care standards-setting and accrediting organization
Silverado Hospice is proudly affiliated with these leading hospice organizations:
Patient services are provided without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability (mental or physical), communicable disease, or place of national origin.