Denver Memory Care Community
Arvada, CO 80004
Located in a quiet neighborhood with plenty of trees and open spaces, Silverado Denver is a truly wonderful environment for memory care residents and rehabilitation guests alike. With spectacular mountain views to the west and a warm atmosphere inside, there is always something happening to enhance the community’s lively environment. From the delightful smell of baking cookies to the spirited sounds of residents mingling, the community is designed to provide a sense of familiarity and normalcy while constant activities help promote engagement and continued enjoyment of lifelong interests.
The Silverado team is focused on individualized care that emphasizes mind and spirit as much as it does body. From residents in the early stages of memory impairment to those needing an enhanced level of dementia care, health, comfort and dignity are the guiding principles of Silverado. We are dedicated to providing the best possible quality of life, whether that entails assistance with personal care or just a simple smile. We take great pride in delivering care that is more than just assisted living.
Activities, Amenities and Features
- Purpose-built community designed with the needs of memory care in mind – tall ceilings, a well-appointed interior with grand piano and a full bar that extends out into a courtyard give the building an open, welcoming atmosphere.
- Age appropriate activity programs (we call them engagements) build self-esteem, maintain dignity and offer opportunities for growth and creativity. Club programs are designed with residents’ abilities, interests and histories in mind. Programs are designed to prevent boredom, boost confidence, encourage socialization and provide opportunities for new senior living experiences.
- Staff specially trained in the challenges of Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Lewy body and other types of dementia.
- Spacious central courtyard and large windows so nature is present year-round, encouraging residents to be mobile and maintain strength and balance. This helps foster a sense of independence and freedom while maintaining safety.
- Fun, engaging outings like bowling, fishing, Denver Zoo, town fair, sporting events, Rockies games and scenic drives to the breathtaking Red Rock and Golden areas. These sorts of activities help prevent the feelings of isolation and confinement that often come with memory impairment.
- Detailed model train and scale scenery in the courtyard (built by a local model train enthusiast group) and a resident train club that helps maintain and add to the setup.
- Espresso machine, fruit and water always accessible.
- Great outside space – heated sidewalk, putting green, a basketball court and 5 raised garden beds residents use for gardening activities
- Community greenhouse where residents grow vegetables like tomatoes which are used as part of our cooking clubs. These kinds of familiar projects bring back memories and reconnect participants with histories and experiences with agriculture or gardening.
- Baking club where residents make cookies, cakes, brownies and more.
- Music constantly playing – sometimes even live music from a resident’s trumpet!
- Three friendly, affectionate community dogs and a large fish tank. Residents who have their own pets may be able to move into the community with their beloved companion, provided the pet fits in with others in the environment. Animals provide love and companionship as well as giving residents the opportunity to maintain dignity and self-esteem by helping provide care to animals if they wish. This “sense of purpose” pet care brings is a hallmark goal of Silverado programs and services.
As you research memory care options we welcome you to compare their features. Download our service comparison document.
Silverado Denver offers rehabilitation services, bringing together highly-skilled professionals and the latest therapies to help guests along the path to wellbeing. Personalized care is at the core of the three main rehabilitation offerings:
- Extended-Stay Rehabilitation: around-the-clock on-site licensed nurse, restorative care and occupational, physical and speech therapies. This type of therapy is designed to help those with stroke and other serious brain injuries with the initial difficult steps to recovery.
- Memory Care Rehabilitation: Specialized staff trained in memory care, behavior management and a secure environment to minimize the trauma of transition. Often times an injury or a hospital stay is the event that leads to move-in at a care facility, and we bring a deep level of understanding to this process.
- Skilled Nursing Care: Post-acute and extended care, medication management, intravenous (IV) therapy, pain management and wound care.
Silverado communities are focused on guest experience and feature private and shared suites, fine dining, pet companions, spa services, on-demand digital entertainment and a low overall staff-to-guest ratio.
Get to Know Us
All Silverado family members are invited to join us for an opportunity to discuss experiences with others who understand the challenges you face...