Highland Park Memory Care Community
Highland Park, IL 60035
A community in every sense of the word, Silverado Highland Park is a warm, welcoming place filled with residents delighting in hobbies and enjoying each other’s company. A lively atmosphere where large windows let in lots of natural sunlight, this community exemplifies the Silverado philosophy of giving our memory care residents a sense of independence and dignity where they can appreciate the things that have always been important to them. From the smell of fresh-baked cookies in the bistro to delighting sounds of visiting children, our dedication to quality of life translates into an environment that redefines assisted living.
Ensuring residents’ dignity and comfort is our guiding ideal, so we attend to each resident based on their unique condition. From residents in the early stages of memory impairment to those who need an advanced level of dementia care, our highly-trained staff understands the symptoms of memory loss and their effects. We see family involvement as a key factor in quality of life, so we don’t have visiting hours and meals for visiting family are free.
Activities, Amenities and Features
- Nexus, an innovative evidence-based program for early stage residents combining science and social engagement.
- Programs for residents that are designed to be fun, prevent boredom, boost confidence, promote social interaction and provide opportunities for new experiences. These age-appropriate activity programs (we call them engagements) build self-esteem, maintain dignity and offer opportunities for growth and creativity. Club programs are designed with residents’ abilities, interests and histories in mind.
- Staff specially trained in the challenges of Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Lewy body and other types of dementia.
- Community is made up of “neighborhoods” catering to residents’ senior living needs, abilities and interests. Care and programs are tailored to meet the specific functional level of each individual resident. Programs within each neighborhood challenge each person appropriately without being too simple or frustrating. Associates are trained to meet the social, cognitive and behavioral needs of residents through advanced communication skills and techniques to prevent or intervene in disruptive behaviors.
- New building, purpose-built with the needs of memory care in mind.
- Sunrooms on every floor let residents can enjoy wonderful views year-round
- Spacious rooms and tall ceilings give a sense of openness and freedom that helps residents feel comfortable and secure.
- Health club/wellness center for on-site physical and occupational therapy help provide both a means for self-esteem building and increased wellness.
- Therapy programs using art, music and pets give a number of options to provide engagement based on each resident's unique interests.
- Residents may be able to move into the community with their beloved companion, provided the pet fits in with others in the environment. Community animals provide love and companionship as well as giving residents the opportunity to maintain dignity and self-esteem by helping provide care to animals if they wish. This “sense of purpose” pet care brings is a hallmark goal of Silverado programs and services.
- Directly across the street from the Highland Park Police Station.
- Outings to events and points of interest such as the botanical gardens and Ravinia music festival.
- Shabbat services and Kosher-style meals are available.
- Skilled relocation teams to help residents moving in from a distance.
Achievements, Awards and Team Highlights
- Hosted business after-hours meeting for Chamber of Commerce
- Administrator has educated local fire and emergency services on the effects of dementia and what to expect when encountering individuals with it