Lake Zurich Memory Care Community
Lake Zurich, IL 60047
Silverado Lake Zurich’s hometown feel is the first thing of many visitors notice that sets this community apart as a truly special environment for those with memory impairment. Four cottages with porches sit in the midst of a park-like setting lush with trees and bushes, hosting outdoor activities and family gatherings when the weather is right. The comfortable feel continues indoors where residents gather for games, conversation and even the occasional manicure – an atmosphere that allows them to remain social while continuing to enjoying the things that were important to them before their diagnosis.
Silverado’s team members are specially trained to provide individualized memory care that is just as focused on mind and spirit as it is on body. From residents in the early stages of memory impairment to those needing a higher level of dementia care, Silverado redefines assisted living. Comfort and dignity are our goals, whether working with residents in the community’s greenhouse or providing basic care to improve quality of life
Activities, Amenities and Programs
- Town square feel – fountain, porches, walking trails, a gazebo and more give residents a true sense of interaction and community, promoting socialization while providing a comfortable environment that doesn't feel confining or overly clinical.
- Staff specially trained in the challenges of Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Lewy body and other types of dementia.
- Age-appropriate activity programs we call "engagements" build confidence, maintain dignity and offer opportunities for growth and creativity. Club programs are designed with residents’ abilities, interests and histories in mind. The goal of all programs is to have fun, prevent boredom, boost self-esteem, develop friendships and provide opportunities for new experiences.
- Community is made up of “neighborhoods” catering to residents’ senior living needs, abilities and interests. Care and programs are tailored to meet the specific functional level of each individual resident. Programs within each neighborhood challenge each person appropriately without being too simple or frustrating. Associates are trained to meet the social, cognitive and behavioral needs of residents using specialized communication skills and techniques to prevent or intervene in disruptive behaviors.
- Residents who have their own pets may be able to move into the community with their beloved companion, provided the pet fits in with others in the environment. Community animals provide affection and companionship as well as giving residents the opportunity to maintain dignity and self-esteem by helping provide care to animals if they wish.
- Open concept kitchen where residents can talk to chefs and watch them cook allows a wonderful source of engagement and gives a fabulous sense of ownership - like the resident is in their own kitchen!
- Spa days for residents to enjoy manicures, pedicures and foot massages help maintain self-esteem and confidence. In our experience, helping residents look their best is a great contributor to helping them feel their best.
- Whirlpool tubs for therapy and enjoyment, again, to help residents with a bit of therapy or pampering.
- Multiple choices of secure, enclosed courtyards and walking paths encourage residents to be mobile and maintain strength and balance. This helps foster a sense of independence and freedom while maintaining safety.
- Secure gated community provides peace of mind for both residents and families.
- Shopping, golf, lunches and other outings help counter the feelings of isolation that often come with memory impairment.
Achievements, Awards and Team Highlights
- Director of Health Services Marcia Kravetz was awarded the first National Assisted Living Nurse of the Year in 2007
As you research memory care options we welcome you to compare their features. Download our service comparison document.
From the east: (Highland Park) take Half Day Road West(IL Highway 22). Turn left on S. Buesching Road. Turn left onto S. Old Rand Road. Turn left onto America Court, which is the main driveway of Silverado.
From the west: (Crystal Lake )Follow US-14E to IL 22 E (Half Day Road.) Turn right on S. Rand Road. Turn left onto S. Old Rand Road. Turn left onto America Court, which is the main driveway of Silverado.
From the north: (Fox Lake) Take US-12 E. Turn left onto S. Old Rand Road. Turn left onto America Court, which is the main driveway of Silverado.
From the south: (Schaumburg) Take N. Roselle Road to US-14E. Turn left onto N. Quentin Road. Turn left onto N. Rand Road. Turn right onto S. Old Rand Road. Turn right onto America Court, which is the main driveway of Silverado.
Get to Know Us
Wednesday, October 1 - Germantown!
Friday, October 31 - Halloween extravaganza!