Naperville Memory Care Community
Naperville, IL 60563
Silverado Naperville is a state of the art memory care community designed from the ground up to help residents remain social while they continue enjoying the things that were important to them before their diagnosis. Its warm, spacious rooms, large windows and open center courtyard contribute to a bright, lively atmosphere where high quality of life is fundamental. Silverado communities welcome pets and families, because to us sometimes the “normal” things are the best things.
Silverado associates provide compassionate, individualized care that is focused on mind and spirit just as much as it is on body. From residents in the early stages of memory impairment to those needing a higher level of dementia care, meaningful engagement and dignified treatment are constants in Silverado communities. By delivering exceptional, innovative care we hope to redefine assisted living.
Activities, Amenities and Programs
- Nexus, an innovative evidence-based program for early stage residents combining science and social engagement.
- The newest of four Chicagoland-area Silverado communities.
- Age-appropriate activity programs we call "engagements" build confidence, maintain dignity and offer opportunities for growth and creativity through games, entertainment, outings and hobbies. Club programs are designed with residents’ abilities, and histories in mind. The goal of all programs is to have fun, prevent boredom, boost self-esteem, develop friendships and provide opportunities for new experiences.
- Staff specially trained in the challenges of Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Lewy body and other types of dementia.
- Two separate bistros serving restaurant-quality food - Nutritious fare that looks appetizing and tastes delicious is a priority, as it keeps residents healthy and can serve as a source of enjoyment.
- Multiple choices of secure, enclosed areas that encourage mobility, maintain strength and balance and help to foster a sense of independence and freedom while maintaining safety - large interior courtyard, walking trails, putting green and a three-season greenhouse provide excellent ways to promote physical activity.
- Aquarium areas and aviary. Residents who have their own pets may be able to move into the community with their beloved companion, provided the pet fits in with others in the environment. Community animals provide love and companionship as well as giving residents the opportunity to maintain dignity and self esteem by helping provide care to animals if they wish. This “sense of purpose” pet care brings is a hallmark goal of Silverado programs and services.
- Community is made up of “neighborhoods” catering to residents’ senior living needs, abilities and interests. Care and programs are tailored to meet the specific functional level of each individual resident. Programs within each neighborhood challenge each person appropriately without being too simple or frustrating. Associates are trained to meet the social, cognitive and behavioral needs of residents through advanced communication skills and techniques to prevent or intervene in disruptive behaviors.
- Spa days for residents to enjoy manicures, pedicures and more as well as an on-site salon for residents’ beauty needs - Our experience has shown us that residents who look good also feel good
- Outings to local areas of interest such as theatres and museums
- Family support group led by on-staff master's prepared social worker
- Skilled relocation teams to help residents moving in from a distance.