Onion Creek Memory Care Community
Austin, TX 78748
A playground for visiting children is the first thing guests see, and it’s safe to say that it sets the right tone for the whole Silverado senior living experience. A multi-generational environment purpose-built to be lively and engaging, the constant presence of children, pets and visiting family helps fill this community with light, life and love. Whether socializing casually or engaging in one of many organized engagement activities, residents live in an atmosphere that allows them to remain social while they continue to enjoy the things that were important to them before their diagnosis.
Silverado’s team members are specially trained to provide individualized memory care that is focused equally on mind, spirit and body. From residents in the beginning stages of memory impairment to those needing a greater level of dementia care, our commitment to comfort and dignity helps us redefine assisted living for every life we touch.
Activities, Amenities and Programs
- Nexus, an innovative evidence-based program for early stage residents combining science and social engagement.
- Walking paths, gazebo, butterfly garden, putting green and courtyards encourage freedom of movement, inviting residents to spend time outside and maintain mobility, strength and balance. This also fosters a sense of independence that is helpful in maintaining functional levels.
- Staff specially trained in the challenges of Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Lewy body and other types of dementia.
- Age appropriate activity programs we call "engagements" boost confidence, maintain dignity and offer opportunities for growth and creativity. Club programs are designed with residents’ abilities, interests and histories in mind. The goal of all programs is to have fun, prevent boredom, boost confidence, develop friendships and provide opportunities for new senior living experiences.
- Large windows and open architecture give the community’s interior a very unrestricted feel, providing a sense of openness and freedom.
- We see family involvement as a key factor in quality of life, so we don’t have visiting hours and meals for visiting family are free.
- Sizable garden with custom raised planters – our organized therapeutic gardening club has raised wonderful crops of eggplant and herbs! Familiar projects such as these bring back memories and reconnect participants with histories and experiences with agriculture or gardening.
- Culinary Director with years of experience as skilled chef helps ensure nutritious fare that looks appetizing and tastes delicious. High-quality food keeps residents healthy and can serve as a source of enjoyment.
- Linus, our friendly, affectionate community dog. Residents may be able to move into the community with their beloved pets, provided the pet fits in with others in the environment. Community animals provide love and companionship as well as giving residents the opportunity to maintain dignity and self esteem by helping provide care to animals if they wish. This “sense of purpose” pet care brings is a hallmark goal of Silverado programs and services.
- Hill Country Store – a place where residents can do a little shopping without leaving the community. Even the simple act of browsing or selecting a gift can do wonders for helping residents feel vital and fulfilled.
- Baking Club, Harvest Club, "Hole in One Club" for golfers, weekly painting classes taught by one of our residents and more.
- Close to Buda (Cabela’s Outdoor store), Kyle, and downtown Austin
- Outings to local areas of interest like the aviation museum
As you research memory care options we welcome you to compare their features. Download our service comparison document.
Get to Know Us
Spouse Support Group: 2nd Wednesday from 10:30am - 11:30am