Onion Creek Memory Care Community
Austin, TX 78748
A playground for visiting children is the first thing guests of Silverado Onion Creek see, and it’s safe to say that it sets the right tone for the whole experience here. A multigenerational environment purpose-built to be lively and engaging, the constant presence of children, pets and visiting family helps fill this community with light, life and love. Whether socializing casually or engaging in one of many organized engagement activities, residents live in an atmosphere that allows them to remain social while they continue to enjoy the things that were important to them before their diagnosis.
Silverado’s team members are specially trained to provide individualized care that is focused equally on mind, spirit and body, from residents in the beginning stages of memory impairment to those needing a greater level of care. Whether working with residents in the community’s garden or providing basic care to improve quality of life, comfort and dignity are our goals. We see family involvement as a key factor in quality of life, so we don’t have visiting hours and meals for visiting family are free.
Activities, Amenities and Programs
- Walking paths, gazebo, butterfly garden and courtyards encourage freedom of movement, inviting residents to spend time outside
- Large windows and open architecture give the community’s interior a very unrestricted feel
- Sizeable garden with custom raised planters – our organized therapeutic gardening club has raised wonderful crops of eggplant and herbs!
- Popular baking and harvest club
- Outdoor putting green and "Hole in One Club" for golfers
- Weekly painting classes taught by one of our residents
- Large bistro at our main entrance
- Programs involving visits from pets and kids
- Close to Buda (Cabela’s Outdoor store), Kyle, and downtown Austin
- Outings to local areas of interest like the aviation museum
- Culinary Director with years of experience as skilled chef
- Linus, our friendly, affectionate community dog
- Hill Country Store – a place where residents can do a little shopping without leaving the community