Cypresswood Memory Care Community
Houston, TX 77070
Located in Northwest Houston near some of the city’s top hospitals, churches and community organizations, Silverado Cypresswood is a stimulating environment created specifically to cater to the unique needs of those with memory loss and dementia. A warm, welcoming atmosphere where the sounds of laughter and the smell of fresh-baked cookies fill the air, the Cypresswood community is staffed with a team that prides itself on providing the very best in memory care environments.
Ensuring residents’ dignity and comfort is our guiding ideal, so we attend to each resident based on their personal situation. From residents in the early stages of memory impairment to those who need an advanced level of care, our highly-trained staff understands the symptoms of memory loss and their effects. We see family involvement as a key factor in quality of life, so we don’t have visiting hours and meals for visiting family are free.
Activities, Amenities and Features
- Engaging, purpose-filled environment with a range of activities to appeal to residents’ cognitive abilities and lifelong interests – clubs for cooking, gardening, wine tasting and more
- Modern building includes pool table, therapy gym/room, sun room and a number of other conveniences and comforts
- Stimulating social outings: sports bar visits for men, tea room trips for women, Astros games, Houston Rockets games, ballet, concerts, the circus, barbecues and many, many more!
- Located in the suburbs, 20 minutes from downtown Houston and freeway-close
- Shady, tree-lined grounds with lots of open areas and secure walking paths
- Large wooded area behind the community provides a relaxing view and a connection to the great outdoors
- Two large courtyards, one of which includes a sitting area, gazebo and fountain
- Resident garden that was built and is maintained with help from the residents
- Community dogs for companionship and a sense of normalcy: Sandy, who looks like the dog from little orphan Annie, and Cassie, who sounds like a Turkey when she barks
Achievements, Awards and Team Highlights
- 2012 Rising Star Community
- Tenured associates
- Staff partners with local hospitals and community organizations to provide a Virtual Dementia Experience
- Integrity screening for all new potential team members
- Partnership with University of Texas nursing school
- Partnership with local high school, whose students volunteer at the community
- Administrator Chris Holland was named the Texas Assisted Living Association (TALA) Executive Director of the Year