Valley Ranch Memory Care Community
Irving, TX 75063
Silverado’s memory care philosophy is to provide an atmosphere where residents retain a sense of independence and dignity while they continue enjoying the things that have always been important to them. The bright, lively atmosphere at the Valley Ranch community illustrates this perfectly, with a fountain and high windows to let in the natural light. Visitors can count on seeing residents socializing and engaged in activities like cooking and playing games, and our staff knows everyone’s names.
Our aim is to provide compassionate, individualized care that is focused on mind and spirit just as much as it is on body. Whether a resident is in the early stages of memory impairment or needs a higher level of dementia care, our staff understands the changing symptoms of memory loss and the impact these can have. This attention to staff and care helps Silverado provide far more than assisted living, giving the highest quality of life possible to those with memory conditions.
Activities, Amenities and Programs
- Family involvement is encouraged, so we don’t have visiting hours and provide free meals those wishing to share a breakfast, lunch or dinner with their loved one.
- Staff specially trained in the challenges of Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Lewy body and other types of dementia.
- Multigenerational environment – children are a common sight, both family members of residents and those of Silverado associates (one young visitor recently told us he likes visiting because “grandma’s house has a playground!”)
- Walking trails, gazebo and courtyards encourage freedom of movement, inviting residents to spend time outside and maintain mobility, strength and balance. This also fosters a sense of independence that is helpful in maintaining functional levels.
- On-site hair salon and spa room with whirlpool tub where residents can relax and get manicures and pedicures. In our experience, feeling and looking good is one of the best ways to help residents remain engaged and involved.
- Age appropriate activity programs (we call them engagements) build self-esteem, maintain dignity, and offer opportunities for growth and creativity. Club programs are designed with residents’ abilities, interests and histories in mind. The goal of all programs is to have fun, prevent boredom, boost confidence, develop friendships and provide opportunities for new senior living experiences.
- Outings to movies, baseball games, the arboretum and more. Outings keep residents stimulated and help counteract the feeling of being confined.
- Unique to the Silverado senior living experience is the summer “staycation program” – week-long events where the community is decorated with a destination in mind (Paris, Hawaii, National Parks, and more) and activities, music and entertainment are themed to provide a getaway feel
- Community pets help provide companionship and a sense of normalcy. Residents may be able to move into the community with their beloved pets, provided the pet fits in with others in the environment. Community animals provide love and companionship as well as giving residents the opportunity to maintain dignity and self esteem by helping provide care for them (if they wish). This “sense of purpose” pet care brings is a hallmark goal of Silverado programs and services.
- Kitchen-like bistros are used for private family meals and cooking clubs.
- Nutritious fare that looks appetizing and tastes delicious. High-quality food keeps residents healthy and can serve as a source of enjoyment.
Achievements and Awards
- Assisted Living Federation of America (ALFA) Champion for Seniors - Autumn Ferguson, Lead Caregiver
As you research memory care options we welcome you to compare their features. Download our service comparison document.