Valley Ranch Memory Care Community
Irving, TX 75063
Silverado’s philosophy is to provide an atmosphere where residents retain a sense of independence and dignity while they continue enjoying the things that have always been important to them. The bright, lively atmosphere at the Valley Ranch community illustrates this perfectly, with a fountain and high windows to let in the natural light. Visitors can count on seeing residents socializing and engaged in activities like cooking and playing games, and our staff knows everyone’s names.
Our aim is to provide compassionate, individualized care that is focused on mind and spirit just as much as it is on body. Whether a resident is in the early stages of memory impairment or needs a higher level of care, our staff understands the changing symptoms of memory loss and the impact these can have. Family involvement is encouraged, so we don’t have visiting hours and provide free meals those wishing to share a breakfast, lunch or dinner with their loved one.
Activities, Amenities and Programs
- Multigenerational environment – children are a common sight, both family members of residents and those of Silverado associates (one young visitor recently told us he likes visiting because “grandma’s house has a playground!”)
- Fenced walking trails and gazebos to encourage residents to remain mobile and enjoy the outdoors
- Spa room with whirlpool tub where residents can relax and get manicures and pedicures
- On-site hair salon
- Outings to movies, baseball games, the arboretum and more
- Summer “staycation program” – week-long events where the community is decorated with a destination in mind (Paris, Hawaii, National Parks, and more) and activities, music and entertainment are themed to provide a getaway feel
- Two community Yellow Labradors help provide companionship and a sense of normalcy
- Kitchen-like bistros are used for private family meals and cooking clubs
Achievements and Awards
- Assisted Living Federation of America Champion for Seniors - Autumn Ferguson, Lead Caregiver