Kingwood Memory Care Community
Kingwood, TX 77339
Located directly adjacent to the Kingwood Medical Center, Silverado Kingwood provides a wonderful blend of comfort and clinical expertise for those with Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Lewy body and other types of dementia, which make up the Silverado senior living experience. The community’s bright, lively atmosphere serves as a backdrop for residents socializing and engaging in a huge variety of stimulating activities. From the smell of fresh-baked cookies in the bistro to energetic sounds of visiting children, Silverado Kingwood is a cozy and welcoming place where quality of life matters above all else.
Silverado’s team members are trained to provide individualized dementia care that is focused as much on mind and spirit as it is on body, from residents in the early stages of memory impairment to those needing a higher level of memory care. Residents’ health, comfort and dignity is the foundation upon which the Kingwood community was built, and providing care with respect and a smile is the best route to our goal or redefining assisted living.
Activities, Amenities and Programs
- Large windows and open architecture give the community’s interior a very unrestricted feel, providing a sense of openness and freedom.
- Age-appropriate activity programs (we call them engagements) build self-esteem, maintain dignity, and offer opportunities for growth and creativity. Club programs are designed with residents’ abilities, interests and histories in mind. The goal of all programs is to have fun, prevent boredom, boost confidence, develop friendships and provide opportunities for new senior living experiences.
- 64 different clubs, offering every resident an opportunity to engage in their interests - Retired Farmers’ of America (RFA) Club, Beach Club, Beer Tasters Club, Weekly Happy Hours, ROMEO Club (Retired Old Men Eat Out Club), VFW Club, Wine Taster’s Club, Men’s Supper Club, Ladies Lunch Bunch.
- Outings to Delta Downs Casino in Louisiana, Galveston, Kemah, area Museums and wineries, state parks, country clubs and more.
- Playground encourages family members to bring children for visits while providing residents a wonderful focal point to enjoy the youthful energy they bring.
- Walking paths, gazebo, gardens, putting green and courtyards encourage freedom of movement, inviting residents to spend time outside and maintain mobility, strength and balance. This also fosters a sense of independence that is helpful in maintaining functional levels.
- Chicken coop and workbench for activities - familiar projects that bring back memories and reconnect participants with histories and experiences with agriculture or other hobbies.
- Three community dogs plus other pets for companionship and a sense of normalcy. Residents be able to move into the community with their beloved pets, provided the pet fits in with others in the environment. Community animals provide love and companionship as well as giving residents the opportunity to maintain dignity and self-esteem by helping provide care to animals if they wish. This “sense of purpose” pet care brings is a hallmark goal of Silverado programs and services.
Associations, Awards and Team Highlights
- Area nursing programs visit for training and observation based on Silverado's experience and reputation for quality.
- Local high school students visit regularly as a part of a school program, providing both better understanding of memory impairment in the young and multigenerational engagement for residents.
- Director of Engagement has been with Silverado for 11 years, bringing both time-tested methods of life enrichment along with a desire for innovation.
As you research memory care options we welcome you to compare their features. Download our service comparison document.