Plano Memory Care Community
Plano, TX 75093
Nestled on a tree-lined property a short ten minutes north of Dallas, Silverado Plano delivers top-notch memory care in an incredibly warm, inviting atmosphere. Visitors to our Craftsman-style community are greeted with delightful baking smells, the sounds of laughter and, most likely, a visit from one of our community dogs. The crown jewel of Silverado Plano is our staff, whose smiling faces and passion for helping are some of our most effective ways to enrich the lives of everyone who walks through our doors. Our dedication to staff and care allows Silverado to redefine what assisted living means for those whose lives we touch.
Silverado communities are designed to provide an environment where residents retain a sense of independence and dignity while they continue enjoying the things that have always been important to them. Whether a resident is in the early stages of memory impairment or needs a higher level of dementia care, our staff understands the changing symptoms of memory loss and the impact these can have. Family involvement is encouraged as a part of the Silverado senior living philosophy, so we don’t limit visiting hours and provide complimentary meals to visiting family members.
Activities, Amenities and Features
- Lively, well-lit atmosphere with constant activities to help residents remain engaged and social.
- Age-appropriate activity programs we call "engagements" build self-esteem, maintain dignity and offer opportunities for growth and creativity. Club programs are designed with residents’ abilities, interests and histories in mind. The goal of all programs is to have fun, prevent boredom, boost confidence, encourage socialization and provide opportunities for new senior living experiences.
- Wonderful blend of comfort and clinical expertise for those with Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Lewy body and other types of dementia.
- Outings to local points of interest – museums, aquarium, baseball games, driving range, Texas State Fair, fishing in Lewisville and many more
- Very peaceful surroundings - situated in an existing neighborhood with trees everywhere
- Community pets (four dogs and five cats!) help with companionship and a sense of normalcy. Residents may be able to move into the community with their beloved pet, provided it fits in with others in the environment. Community animals give residents the opportunity to maintain dignity and self esteem by helping provide care to animals if they wish. This “sense of purpose” pet care brings is a hallmark goal of Silverado programs and services.
- Multiple choices of secure, enclosed spaces with features like a gazebo, serenity garden and walking paths to encourage mobility, maintain strength and balance and help to foster a sense of independence and freedom while maintaining safety.
- Community features a ping-pong table, piano, in-house beauty salon and many other familiar comforts to help residents continue to enjoy the things that have always brought them happiness.
- Very busy playground encourages family members to bring children for visits while providing residents a wonderful focal point to enjoy the youthful energy they produce.
- Live entertainment several times a week.
- Resident artist hosts painting activities (his work can be seen decorating the community’s walls!).
Achievements, Awards and Team Highlights
- 2013 Assisted Living Federation of America (ALFA) – lead caregiver won the award, Senior psych care counseling offered to families and residents
- Average associate tenure is about 7 years -almost unheard of in the industry
- Vibrant, outgoing and dedicated staff of associates united in the mission of enriching lives
- Engagement director is a master gardener
- Recognized as a 2012 Dallas Top Workplace, as featured in the Dallas Morning News
- Volunteer program with Shepton high school, across the street
- Recognized on US Against Alzheimer’s website for exceptional care
As you research memory care options we welcome you to compare their features. Download our service comparison document.
Get to Know Us
Catrina Manning, RN
Happy hour begins at 3:30pm and dinner starts at 5:00pm