Sugar Land Memory Care Community
Sugar Land, TX 77478
Set amid a wooded area in a thriving neighborhood, Silverado Sugar Land is a warm, charming place where residents with memory conditions can live comfortably while receiving special care tailored to their situation. There is always something happening that adds to the community’s lively atmosphere, from the delightful smells of baking bread to the sounds of country music and children playing. The community’s close proximity to Sugar Land Town Square and other attractions gives residents a sense of familiarity and normalcy while constant engagement activities help them remain social and continue to enjoy the things that are important to them.
Silverado’s team is trained to provide individualized memory care that is focused just as much on mind and spirit as it is on body. From residents in the initial stages of memory impairment to those needing an increased level of dementia care, health, comfort and dignity are our guiding principles. We are dedicated to providing the best possible quality of life, whether that entails assistance with personal care or just a simple smile. Visitors can tell right away - Silverado is more than just assisted living.
Activities, Amenities and Features
- Wooded front area with benches is a wonderful place to walk, relax and get fresh air. Our secure, enclosed outdoor areas encourage residents to be mobile and maintain strength and balance. This helps foster a sense of independence and freedom while maintaining safety.
- Age appropriate activity programs (we call them engagements) build self esteem, maintain dignity, and offer opportunities for growth and creativity. Club programs are designed with residents’ abilities, interests and histories in mind. The goal of all programs is to have fun, prevent boredom, boost self esteem, develop friendships and provide opportunities for new senior living experiences.
- Morning dog walks with Marley and Jack, our community canines. Residents may be able to move into the community with their own companion, provided the pet fits in with others in the environment. Community animals provide love and companionship as well as giving residents the opportunity to maintain dignity and self-esteem by helping provide care to animals (if they wish). This “sense of purpose” pet care brings is a hallmark goal of Silverado programs and services.
- Weekly camping club for residents with tents, s’mores, walks, campfires and other outdoor activities – all in the safe, secure wooded area of the community grounds.
- Community features a pool table, air hockey table, putting green, courtyard garden, walking trails, a gazebo, playground, large BBQ area, a club room, library, beauty shop, private family dining room and much more - many activities to help residents remain connected to the hobbies and interests they've had through life.
- Fantastic neighborhood - Sugar Land is one of the fastest growing areas near Houston and has won many accolades to prove it: 2008 Best Places to Live, 2011 Safest Cities, top 2% areas to raise a family nationwide
- Nearby shopping and activities for resident outings - town square, restaurants, Skeeters minor league baseball, Sugar Mill Farmers Market, golf courses and much more.
- Fewer than 20 miles from the medical center - world renowned group of hospitals .
- Located across the street from a Christian academy – many residents enjoy watching baseball games from our courtyard
- Horses are regularly brought to the community and residents can interact with them.
Achievements, Awards and Team Highlights
- Partnered with the Skeeters Minor League Baseball Team for Alzheimer's Awareness Game on September 12, 2013
- Working with NASA on the possibility of a Virtual Dementia Experience (VDE) Partnership
- Curriculum partners and on-site clinical rotations with students from the University of Texas RN Program and Wharton School of Nursing ADN program
- Neurology Consultant, Dr. Fisher, is part of the curriculum for University of Texas RN Program, and Whorton Nursing School
- Supports local hospitals with engagement kits for patients and on-site training for their staff
- ALFA (Assisted Living Federation of America) Hero-Maria Hernandez
- ALFA Hero - Maria Hernandez, Housekeeper
- ALFA Champion for Seniors - Wendy Rodriguez, Engagement Director
- TALA (Texas Assisted Living Association) Hero recipient-Mercy Adofo
- TALA Hero - Mercy Adofo, Lead Caregiver
- TALA Activity Director of the Year - Wendy Rodriguez, Engagement Director
As you research memory care options we welcome you to compare their features. Download our service comparison document.