The Woodlands Memory Care Community
The Woodlands, TX 77382
The bright, lively atmosphere at The Woodlands is one of the first things visitors experience that tells them they’re not in an ordinary memory care community. As part of the Silverado senior living experience, residents engage in activities and socialize while relaxing music plays and the two community dogs stop by for some attention. Natural sunlight filters through and the smells of flowers and baking cookies waft through the air. These are all things that help Silverado redefine assisted living and provide the highest quality of life possible to those with memory conditions.
Silverado communities are designed to provide an environment where residents retain a sense of independence and dignity while they continue enjoying the things that have always been important to them. Whether a resident is in the early stages of memory impairment or needs a higher level of dementia care, our staff understands the changing symptoms of memory loss and the impact these can have. Family involvement is encouraged, so we don’t have visiting hours and provide free meals those wishing to share a breakfast, lunch or dinner with their loved one.
Activities, Amenities and Features
- Nexus, an innovative evidence-based program for early stage residents combining science and social engagement.
- Secluded, tree-lined property provides a peaceful, distraction-free environment while still giving residents a sense of openness and independence.
- Staff specially trained in the challenges of Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Lewy body and other types of dementia.
- Age appropriate activity programs we call "engagements" boost confidence, maintain dignity and offer opportunities for growth and creativity. Club programs are designed with residents’ abilities, interests and histories in mind. The goal of all programs is to have fun, prevent boredom, boost confidence, develop friendships and provide opportunities for new experiences.
- Large Great Room is a focus of social interaction where residents can engage in activities, socialize with friends or just enjoy the environment.
- Secure walking trails are is a wonderful place to relax and get fresh air. Our enclosed outdoor areas encourage residents to be mobile and maintain strength and balance. This helps foster a sense of independence and freedom while maintaining safety.
- Wide range of stimulating senior living activities, including morning exercises, floor bowling, barbecues and the very popular Blackjack.
- Friday Happy Hour with live entertainment, dancing, appetizers and the resident’s choice of beer or wine.
- Outings to Kemah Boardwalk, Moody Gardens, the community theatre, Longhorn Museums, NASA, Astros baseball games and restaurants.
- Flower club, where residents help arrange the flowers that decorate the community, helps residents take ownership of their living space and feel involved in making decisions.
- Raised flower beds for resident gardening activities that help bring back memories and reconnect participants with histories and experiences with agriculture or gardening.
- Conveniently located north of Houston near Conroe, Spring and Magnolia
Achievements, Awards and Team Highlights
- 2012 Silverado Community of the Year
- Pam Jones, Culinary Director, has been here over 13 years
- Lisa Kennedy, Business Office Manager, has been here over 11 years
- 10 year relationship with Anchor Club of Woodlands High School (service organization)
- Texas Assisted Living Association Hero - Helen Gughis, Administrative Assistant