Bellingham Memory Care Community - Coming Soon
Bellingham, WA 98226
We are pleased to announce the construction of a brand-new Silverado Memory Care Community in Bellingham. Currently under construction, the community is expected to be ready to accept residents in the second half of 2016.
The community is being designed from the ground up specifically to deliver Silverado’s signature brand of life-enriching care. Once the community is complete, up to 80 residents with memory-impairing conditions will be able to benefit from Silverado's innovative blend of compassion and clinical excellence. The property will also feature a large expanse of outdoor space for secure walking paths and gardens.
The new Bellingham location will feature all of the standard services and amenities that are the hallmark of Silverado's care:
- Nexus, an innovative evidence-based program for early stage residents combining science and social engagement
- Engagements (specialized activities) that are age-appropriate, build self-esteem, maintain dignity and offer opportunities for growth and creativity. Club programs are designed with the resident’s abilities, interests and histories in mind. The goal of all programs is to have fun, prevent boredom, boost self esteem, socialize and create opportunities for new experiences
- Community “neighborhoods” catering to residents’ senior living needs, abilities and interests. Care and programs are tailored to meet the specific functional level of each individual resident
- Warm, lively interior with large resident bedrooms, purposeful activity rooms, demonstration kitchens and more. By creating a familiar environment of home and community we can avoid a clinical feel that can cause stress and confusion among those with memory impairment
- As-needed assistance with dressing, personal care, etc., with a focus on independence
- Caregivers specialized in Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Lewy body and other types of dementia and memory impairment
- Physician Medical Director
- Around-the-clock licensed nurse on-site
- Associates specially trained in managing challenging behaviors
- Medications administered only by licensed nurses
Be sure to bookmark silveradocare.com/Bellingham and check back often for the latest updates.