Oak Village Memory Care Community
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
The bright, lively atmosphere at Silverado Oak Village is one of the first things visitors experience that tells them twe're so much more than assisted living. Residents engage in activities and socialize while relaxing music plays and the smell of baking cookies wafts through the air. Large windows allow natural sunlight to filter in while providing a view of the rolling hills and maple trees that surround the community. These are all things that help Silverado achieve the goal of providing the highest quality of life possible to those with memory conditions.
Silverado memory care communities are designed to provide an environment where residents retain a sense of independence and dignity while continuing to enjoy what has always been important to them. Whether a resident is in the early stages of memory impairment or requires a higher level of dementia care, our staff understands the changing symptoms of memory loss and the impact these can have. Family involvement is encouraged, so we don’t have visiting hours or charge visiting family for meals shared with their loved one.
Activities, Amenities and Features
- Stimulating engagement activities are conducted constantly, allowing residents to interact based on their cognitive level. Programs are designed with residents’ abilities, interests and histories in mind. The goal of all programs is to have fun, prevent boredom, boost confidence, develop friendships and provide opportunities for new experiences.
- Staff specially trained in the challenges of Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Lewy body and other types of dementia.
- Large living and dining rooms are the centers of activity in the community – places where residents can meet with friends, participate in hobbies, play games or just enjoy the companionship.
- The community is situated on a breathtaking landscape that changes from season to season but is always beautiful– many trees, a pond to one side and a natural prairie that evokes a Frank Lloyd Wright feel.
- Fun outings to local points of interest - downtown Milwaukee Public Market, drives through the scenic Holy Hill area, Milwaukee Zoo & art museum, ice cream at Pop’s Custard Stand, and picnics (both in and around the community).
- Cozy senior living atmosphere that is easy to navigate and not overwhelming, with little sitting areas situated throughout. The indoor surroundings are designed to avoid the trappings of an overly-clinical feel, which can lead to a sense of confinement with residents.
- Well-manicured outdoor spaces, both an outside yard and inside courtyard, with places to sit and walk. Our secure, enclosed outdoor areas encourage residents to be mobile and maintain strength and balance. This helps foster a sense of independence and freedom while maintaining safety.
- Pets are not only welcome, but encouraged! Residents' beloved companions may be able to join them provided they fit in with other animals in the environment. Pets provide affection and companionship in addition to helping residents maintain dignity, sense of purpose and self-esteem.
- Music program with the Baptist church next door.
- Restaurant-quality food that looks appetizing and tastes delicious. High-quality food keeps residents healthy and can serve as a source of enjoyment.
- Administrator sits on the board of WALA (Wisconsin Assisted Living Association) to educate other assisted living professionals in assisted living memory care
- Associates work closely with the Alzheimer’s Association to train associates
As you research memory care options we welcome you to compare their features. Download our service comparison document