Oak Village Memory Care Community
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
The bright, lively atmosphere at Silverado Oak Village is one of the first things visitors experience that tells them they’re not in an ordinary memory care community. Residents engage in activities and socialize while relaxing music plays and the smell of cookies baking wafts through the air. Large windows allow natural sunlight to filter in while providing a view of the rolling hills and maple trees that surround the community. These are all things that help Silverado achieve the goal of providing the highest quality of life possible to those with memory conditions.
Silverado communities are designed to provide an environment where residents retain a sense of independence and dignity while they continue enjoying the things that have always been important to them. Whether a resident is in the early stages of memory impairment or requires a higher level of care, our staff understands the changing symptoms of memory loss and the impact these can have. Family involvement is encouraged, so we don’t have visiting hours or charge visiting family for meals shared with their loved one.
Activities, Amenities and Features
- Stimulating engagement activities are conducted constantly, allowing residents to interact based on their cognitive level
- Large living and dining rooms are the centers of activity in the community – places where residents can meet with friends, participate in hobbies, play games or just enjoy the companionship
- The community is situated on a breathtaking landscape that changes from season to season but is always beautiful– many trees, a pond to one side and a natural prairie that evokes a Frank Lloyd Wright feel
- Fun outings to local points of interest - downtown Milwaukee Public Market, drives through the scenic Holy Hill area, Milwaukee Zoo & art museum, ice cream at Pop’s Custard Stand, and picnics (both in and around the community)
- Cozy atmosphere that is easy to navigate and not overwhelming, with little sitting areas situated throughout
- Well-manicured outdoor spaces with places to sit and walk – secure outside yard and two interior courtyards
- Pets are not only welcome, but encouraged!
- Music program with the Baptist church next door
- Administrator sits on the board of WALA (Wisconsin Assisted Living Association) to educate other assisted living professionals in assisted living memory care
- Associates work closely with the Alzheimer’s Association to train associates